Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This morning Richard asked me how my grandma was doing. He honestly had no idea she passed away almost six years ago. I worked with Richard years ago at another architectural firm and he met my grandma on several occasions and I'm sure I gave him an earful about her. Once again I work with Richard and occasionally we catch up on each other's lives.

Yes, on July 4th it will be six years since my grandma lost her battle with cancer. She's in heaven now. This I know for sure. I think about her every single day. How I wish she could hug and kiss my boys. I wish she could sit by the pool and watch them splash. I wish she could give me a wink and flash me her smile to let me know I'm doing a good job raising my boys. I miss her more than anyone will ever know. My grandma has more today than she ever had while on earth. She's no longer in pain from the cancer. She no longer has to worry about anyone. She doesn't have to worry about 'Old Lady Harris' who lived across the street. She doesn't have to think about what's for supper or doing laundry. I'm a little jealous of what Grandma has today but I know it is in my future...hopefully not in my near future because I'm having too much fun with Jeffrey and our boys!

Loving and missing you Grandma!!!


In Loving Memory of Arie Lee Dawkins
July 7, 1926 to July 4, 2001

No comments: