Saturday, October 06, 2007

Seeing old friends

Jeff and I decided at 6:30pm last night we would head out to Pelion for the final home game which just happened to be homecoming. Eli was so excited about seeing Brandy play in the band. Pelion has a brand spanking new football stadium right beside the new high school. The stadium is incredibly nice. Shortly after we arrived and it started to rain. Great. We drove all that way for it to rain. It rained only briefly and by rain I mean a heavy mist. We arrived five...count them one, two, three, four, five...minutes after kickoff and the score was Pelion 14, CA Johnson 0. Pelion won something like 46 to zero.

I saw several people I graduated with. Kim Hayn (now Moody), Kim Broadway (now Martin), Bucky Martin (Kim's soon-to-be ex) who played with the band and Chris Martin (no relation to Kim or Bucky). It was great to sit and talk with them.

We stayed for the fireworks after the game. Not too shabby for a little town like Pelion.

We have nothing special planned for today. Jeff is out doing yard work right now and I'm watching Brother Bear (...again...) with the boys. Soon we'll nap. Naps make me happy! Jeff has carefully planned out his afternoon and evening. He has three football lined up to watch. Joy...

Tomorrow we'll go to church, have lunch and nap. Jeff and I have a class to attend at church at 5pm and then we'll have supper with Jeff's mom. She's cooking...other people cooking for me makes me happy.

No comments: