Friday, July 09, 2010

It's Summer Time!

I know it's been a while since I last posted but we are having so much fun this summer I barely have time to breathe much less write a blog!

The day after Eli's last day of school we headed to Cherry Grove Beach for a week of vacation.

We have been swimming the summer away! Eli was barely jumping in off the side of the pool while wearing a floatie. Now the kid is running and diving in like a pro! I'm so proud! Eli is also enjoying using a mask to go underwater. He loves sneaking up on me and picking up diving sticks. Andrew was very reluctant to jump into the pool at all. Now he's jumping off of the diving board with his floatie! I tricked Andrew yesterday into jumping into the pool without his floatie and without holding my hands. He wasn't pleased and didn't do it again even though he didn't go underwater. Andrew is tickled that he can touch the bottom of the shallow end and keep his head above the water. Our swimming partners have been Lisa and her girls...Emily, Ashley and Olivia. We've taken tons of pics and videos which I'll have to post later. We are ALL sporting great tans :)

We have also taken advantage of free movies provided by Regal Cinemas. Lisa and I took the kids to a movie and it cost $40 in snacks. We'll be sneaking in our own snacks from now on!

We've been grilling out like maniacs this summer. I bought a charcoal grill in the spring and I'm loving the flavor of everything we cook. Lisa has also been grilling us some pretty delicious chicken!

This week we've been enjoying a huge blow-up waterslide at Lisa's house. The kids have been loving it!

The boys are totally loving the new swingset Nana Mac bought them. Jeff was able to position it in the shade right behind our back patio. We've had a really hot summer again this year so the boys haven't been outside much recently unless water is involved.

Eli has had mono for a few weeks. He's still complaining about a sore throat which isn't good. He is being rechecked Monday and we'll see where we go from there.

I think I told you about Andrew having an allergy test earlier this year. The allergist said Andrew is allergic to dogs and some outdoor mold. I bought a new soap the doctor suggested and it's really helped Andrew's eczema. His skin is feeling so much better. I had a scare on Wednesday and Thursday when Andrew actually had an allergic reaction because of petting a dog and cat. He had huge reddish whelps on his skin. Lisa, the RN (really, she's really a RN), assured me it wasn't a big deal and Benedryl did clear it up. However, seeing my baby like that didn't set well with me. We will be visiting the allergist Monday instead of on the 29th for a recheck. I have a feeling we'll end up having to do weekly allergy shots :(

I'm having surgery on Tuesday to have my tonsils removed and my soft palette shortened and tightened. I have to spend one night in the hospital then I'll spend a couple of weeks in bed recovering. I told Jeff I wanted Olive Garden the day before surgery so I can get in one last great meal :) Jeff will be taking next week off to keep the boys then we'll stay with Lisa the following week as needed.

Andrew asks me just about everyday if it's time for him to start school. I'm thrilled that he's excited. He has a new monogrammed backpack and lunch box from LL Bean. I would love to keep him home another year but Drew really needs the structure of school. I'll miss my baby and the sweetness I see when we're home alone.

We spent July 4th in Georgia (the state, not the country! LOL) with some of Jeff's family. We really enjoyed spending time with everyone! I have some pics to post later.

Jeff's brother Larry and his wife Rebecca are expecting their first child! Rebecca is due February 1st!

I think that just about sums up our summer so far. I hope you're enjoying the summer as much as we have been.

No comments: