I'm not sure if I mentioned this before so bare with me.
Earlier this year I was introduced to Southern Savers. The lady who started and manages the website is Jenny. She shows you how to save money using sales and coupons together. Ads/sales repeat usually every 12 weeks. Check out her site. I would suggest you attend one of her workshops (only $10) to understand how it all works.
Sunday I finally took the time to use this system. I desperately needed to go grocery shopping. I made two lists...one for Publix and one for BI-LO. I spent $211.20 at Publix. Once I really get this system going I'll be saving and spending much less than that. Publix takes competitor coupons which is so awesome! Here's my savings summary: vendor coupons $9.25, multiplied coupons $2.75 and special price savings (store sales) $30.31. At BI-LO I didn't use any coupons. I was after the B1G1 sale. If I had had coupons I could have saved even more. I spent $24.02 for $44.60 worth of groceries. BI-LO has a 'Bonus Card' that enables you to get great deals. By using the Bonus Card you can earn FuelPerks. I'm not sure how it is tallied but you can use the Bonus Card at participating Shell stations to save on gas. As of today I have a savings of $0.15 per gallon. I can either let it continue to rack up or I can use it for gas and it will start over.
I am looking forward to really getting into using Southern Savers. It takes some time to prepare before I actually go shopping but it is so worth the savings!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment