Monday, March 28, 2011

Life

As a kid we all have hopes and dreams. As we grow up those hopes and dreams change. Mine did...sort of.

My hopes and dreams...graduate high school and college. Get a 'real job' to become self-sufficient. Find me a man and get married. Have children. All of those things I have accomplished and in that order. I always told myself that I would continue to work full-time after having children. I couldn't see myself as a stay at home mom. But God had different plans.

It took a while for me to accept His plan. I don't like the way God proved to me that I want and need to be at home with my boys. My depression became worse and my medicine was doing just enough to get me through the day. I lost my job. So I wallowed in self-pity for quite a while and then it clicked. I've missed so much by working full-time.

Nowadays, I get to do so much more with my boys. We take trips to the library...we go to the park...we make s'mores...we feed the fish at a pond close by...we paint...we play with toy trucks...we play ball in the backyard...we swim the summer away.

As for my depression, I am now taking a new medicine. It's only been two weeks but I'm feeling a little better.

I am now working part-time at Learning Express Toys (LET) at the Village at Sandhill. The owner and general manager are really willing to work with the hours that I want to work. This allows me to work while the boys are in school and some weekends. This is a huge step for me since I've been out of work for two years. Not only am I making some money, but I get to engage in adult conversation and sell toys! LET has some of the coolest toys I've ever seen! And I'm not just saying that because I work there.

My point is this...are you reaching for your life goals or just simply letting life pass you by while being comfortable with your life?

post signature

No comments: