I have so much to tell you. First of all, I can't get my Verizon Wireless Internet to work here at Brian's house. So at the moment I'm just typing and then post later.
It's like a whole other world up here. It's absolutely beautiful. I've noticed a few things being up here. There's no litter anywhere! Brian pointed out there's no billboards in the entire state. The sky is incredibly blue scattered with white puffy clouds. I haven't seen a fast food restaurant. Brian said there's a few around. It's quite mountainous up here.
Certainly the weather is completely different here. Today is Tuesday and the high is 69 and tonight's low is in the high 40's. Humidity appears to be nonexistant here. Needless to say, we're loving the weather. Quite a change from Friday's high of 107 in Columbia last week.
I can honestly say I wouldn't think twice about packing up, selling my house and moving up here. Life seems slower and think I need to slow down. I'm always in a hurry in everything I do.
Saturday our flight out of Charlotte left on time and that makes any traveler happy. After we landed in Boston we checked in with our connecting flight and then grabbed a bite to eat. When we returned to the gate we noticed our flight was delayed. As it turned out the plane needed maintenance. To make a very long story short, our flight was delayed five hours. We finally pulled away from the terminal at 9:30pm and landed in Presque Isle, Maine at 11pm. All of our luggage made it with us.
Sunday we slept late. We didn't do much of anything Sunday except for take the four wheelers for a spin. There are trails everywhere around here for anyone to use. They are well maintained and clearly marked.
Monday, daddy and Brian went to Presque Isle and played nine holes of golf. Jeff and I babysat our niece Elissa (pronounced Alyssa). We took the four wheelers out again. The first time Jeff and I went I took it slow and avoided the mud. We went out again after supper and I decided to have a little fun and hit the mud hard. It was great! As the sun set we jumped in the car and went looking for moose. They are everywhere around here but we haven't seen one yet. Brian said if I got up at 5am there would be some in his yard. I don't need to see a moose that bad. I don't get up at 5am at home on a workday much less while I'm on vacation. I finished reading Plain Truth last night. It was a great book and I highly recommend it (I'm specifically talking to HT).
Today I'm babysitting again while Brian is at a doctor's appointment. It's cool outside with a breeze and partly cloudy. Still beautiful nonetheless.
There's something wrong with our digital camera. I'm going to see if our card will fit into daddy's camera so I can download some pictures.
I talked to the boys today on the phone. Eli rambled on about something and Andrew just listened to me talk.
Because you are reading this means I finally found wi-fi. I'm sitting in the food court in the mall using Ruby Tuesday's free service. Free is good. Brian keeps laughing at me whenever I mention the internet. He keeps telling me I'm forgetting where I am. I knew someone had service around here, I just had to find it.
We've taken a few pictures. I'll see about getting pictures downloaded. When you see a Photos link on the left then you can look at our pics. Jeff just got our camera working. Needed new batteries. I'm glad it wasn't broke!
Well, I'll get back into Presque Isle in a few days for another update. Until then we're going back out to enjoy the 65 temperature. Bye bye!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment