What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Jeff and I flew to Maine to visit my brother Brian and his family.
Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more next year?
I do not make new year's resolutions. I will not stick to them.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
No but my sister and sister-in-law are both expecting in 2008.
Did anyone close to you die?
No.
What countries did you visit?
I never left the country last year. I did visit North Carolina, Georgia and Maine. And I spent five very long hours in Boston's airport.
What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Financial security, the will to stick to losing weight.
What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
July 4th will forever be etched in my memory. Six years ago my grandma gained her independence from the cancer that ravaged her body. I know for sure she is having a blast in heaven. I will one day see her again.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Quitting a job I hated and getting the job I have now. Potty training Eli.
What was your biggest failure?
Not losing weight.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major.
What was the best thing you bought?
Modellista JC Clogs.
Where did most of your money go?
Bills, daycare, diapers, food, gas.
What did you get really really really excited about?
The inheritance check Jeff received.
What song will always remind you of 2007?
East to West by Casting Crowns
Compared to this time last year are you:
a. happier or sadder?
I would say the same.
b. thinner or fatter
fluffier
c. richer or poorer
Spiritually richer.
What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, studying God's word, exercise.
What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying.
How did you spend Christmas?
Played with the boys, visited and ate at my mil's.
Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fall in love with Jeffrey every day.
What was your favorite TV program?
Friends, no doubt about it.
What was the best book you read?
Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
What was your greatest musical discovery of 2007?
Casting Crowns, Mercy Me
What did you want and get?
New job.
What did you want and not get?
A whole lot, particularly a new house.
What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't go to the theater.
What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 34 in March and I seriously don't recall what I did.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having my grandma.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept for 2007?
Conservative, as usual.
What kept you sane?
Paxil, God.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one really.
What political issue stirred you the most?
Presidential campaigns, the war in Iraq, same sex marriages (which I object to).
Who do you miss?
In case you weren't paying attention, my grandma.
Who was the best new person you met?
Our new friends at Beulah Baptist Church.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007?
God is in total control whether you like it or not.
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Here I am Lord and I’m drowning,
In Your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me,
I yearn for peace and rest
I don’t want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind
Keeps me awake tonight
I know you’ve cast my sin as far as the East is from the West
And I stand before You now as though I’ve never sinned
But today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way
Chorus:
Jesus can you show me just how far the east is from the west
‘Cause I can’t bear to see the man I’ve been
Rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
‘Cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
I start the day, the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
And time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I’m in
Today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
from You leaving me this way
I know You’ve washed me white
Turn my darkness into life
I need Your peace to get me through
To get me through this night
I can’t live by what I feel
About the truth Your word reveals
I’m not holding on to You
But You’re holding on to me
You’re holding on to me
(These song lyrics were found here.)

No comments:
Post a Comment